Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix is seeking to hire a Quality Manager to lead our quality and safety initiatives in the Americas. The Group Quality Manager is responsible for creating and enhancing quality requirements and standards for all operations in the Americas as we design and assemble power distribution equipment in compliance with applicable standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the Anord-Mardix Quality Assurance Strategy for all group locations in the Americas, validating its performance through appropriate analysis.
• Manage and develop QA personnel through appropriate internal/external training, involvement, delegation and regular reviews of performance.
• Develop and lead the QA team in areas of expertise and high-performance behaviors, identifying technical/resource requirements and proposing solutions to rectify.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership to your team with regard QA, QE and QC systems.
• Drive the implementation of a Six-Sigma/Risk-based Quality Culture throughout the business.
• Oversee activities relating to core quality systems including APQP, PPAP, NPI and PDCA.
• Provide oversight and direction of the QA function within the ERP Project.
• Ensure all manufactured product meets the required quality specifications.
• Report across all entities through the implementation of appropriate KPI’s reporting monthly at both operational and executive level.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to all corporate, external and appropriate regulatory requirements.
• Organize the QA System audit schedule, leading on behalf of your operational base and supporting on behalf of the wider group locations.
• Work closely with our Supply Chain Department to ensure our suppliers conform to our technical/system standards.
• Implement and coordinate the CAPA process to ensure all customer complaints are handled using a standardized approach.
• Ensure end-to-end compliance to our customers technical specifications through appropriate In-process/EOL testing (CFAT and FAT).
• Manage quality metrics across all sites, ensuring adherence to group quality targets and correcting where appropriate.
• Monitor end-to-end processes, identifying opportunities to improve product quality from an assembly and systems perspective, providing a feed-back loop to other departments/locations.
• Based on these opportunities implement continuous improvement projects to a validated conclusion.
• Knowledge of principles and process for providing supervision and leadership with considerable experience supervising, managing and motivating employees in a manufacturing setting.
• Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma principles with respect to improving quality, reduce cost and increase profitability and customer value.
• Demonstrated experience in new product introduction with a strong focus on continuous improvement activities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively overcome objections and communicate with people at all levels.
• Good computer skills, to include Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
• Thorough understanding of ISO standards, as well as UL, IEEE/ANSI, IEC, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative, problem solve and present potential solutions.
• A clear focus, understanding and desire to drive improvement across Safety, Quality and Production.
• Ability to maintain a tactful, orderly working relationship with others.
• Ability to read and write English with excellent communication skills, follow verbal instructions, and use mathematics.
• Four-year degree in manufacturing, mechanical, electrical engineering or related field with 8+ years’ experience working in medium volume manufacturing environment with demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Quality Assurance and Compliance. Six Sigma qualification preferred.
To apply please send your CV to Scott Edwards, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org