Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Reports to: Head of Supplychain Management EMEA
Location: Kendal,United Kingdom
Anord Mardix have a new opportunity for a Warehouse Manager to join the team to effectively manage and operate their warehouse Model across multiple sites. The ideal candidate will have significant Warehouse management experience, lots of drive and the ability to excel within a fast paced environment.
Relationship building skills are essential, along with communication and influencing skills to negotiate and work with both internal staff members, external management, and stakeholders. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for driving Continuous Improvement Programmes throughout the business and will have knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a warehouse and third party logistics management processes.
The successful candidate will be passionate about what they do, thrive in a fast paced environment and will be hungry to develop, and grow their skills
Roles and Responsibilities
• Managing the warehouses, ensuring it is fully operational and adheres to health and safety standards at all times.
• Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Overseeing stock control and order processing, ensuring all stock movements are timely and cost efficient.
• Managing inbound stock and outbound deliveries including goods in, order dispatch, transfer orders and associated costs.
• Ensuring all financial paperwork balances with Finance on a monthly basis.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Managing the Warehouse Operatives, ensuring all goods in and outbound orders are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Budget support across OPEX and CAPEX
• Management and maintenance of all WMS/WCS tools
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a warehouse and third party logistics management practices
• A background in distribution and operations management.
• Strong IT, organisation and analytical skills.
• APICS/IIPMM/Logistics qualification-Desirable
• Good knowledge of ERP/WMS
• A creative, proactive individual with the ability to make good judgements and think and act quickly
• Proficiency in all MS Office packages
• Strong presentation and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively and meet targets and objectives.
• Strong management and analytical skills, persuasive ability and collaborative approach to customer demands
• Highly committed, as well as ambitious and forward thinking
• Have a positive, pro-active approach to working in a team environment along with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Be an effective communicator, self-motivated, with good organisational skills and have the ability to work on their own initiative
To apply email your CV and covering letter to Danielle Walker, HR Manager: email@example.com