Critical Power Services
When you invest in our products we ensure the continuous uptime of your critical operations to maximize your resources and performance.
At Anord Mardix, we’re committed to providing a wide range of services that are designed to meet your critical infrastructure support needs. We understand the importance of uptime to your business and the need to protect your investment in critical assets.
So whether you’re looking for installation, engineering, project management, site modification, maintenance, training or monitoring services, we have solutions geared to your specific needs.
- Service and Maintenance
- 4 Hour Emergency Response
- 24 Hour Telephone Support
- Critical Spares
- Extended Warranties
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance
- Battery Testing
- Power Quality Surveys
- Switchboard Validations
- Retrofits and Extensions
- PMS/EMS Servicing
- Live Non-Invasive Servicing
- Fully Isolated Servicing
Service and Maintenance
Through our dedicated in-house service division, we offer a full suite of service solutions which are tailored to the specific requirements of our valued clients. Regardless of what stage the equipment is at in your facility life-cycle, we ensure that your on-going service needs are looked after, consistently. We understand the criticality of uptime to your business and fully support you in protecting your people and assets, 24/7. Whether you require a one-off site modification, start-up support, planned maintenance or a dedicated 24/7 callout facility, we are here and will work to produce an SLA that gives you peace of mind wherever you are.
Our core offers include 4 hour emergency response with guaranteed response times by qualified, highly skilled Critical Power Services engineers, 24 hour telephone technical support, live non-invasive and fully isolated servicing of the entire critical power system. We also offer our service customers proactive support and planning for any forth coming shutdown or project.
Our corporate support contracts are tailored to fit your specific requirements and can include various elements of our offer ranging from expert thermographic surveys to fully managed shutdowns, emergency response to power management systems support. Providing peace of mind in both technical and commercial terms, our in-house approach ensures a high quality, seamless delivery.
Supporting in excess of 2,500,000 critical final circuits in data centers around the globe, we believe that every step of your power lifecycle merits expert attention from our dedicated teams. With Anord Mardix Critical Power Services as your proactive servicing partner you can take advantage of specialist knowledge and unrivalled professional support.
4 Hour Emergency Response
Our dedicated team of specialist engineers are always on standby for our contract customers – 24/7, 365 days of the year.
Our engineers can be contracted to respond to critical onsite emergencies within guaranteed timescales of as little as 4 hours. We can also advise on factors to assist in the reduction of Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) such as maintaining stock of onsite crash kits and spares.
Critical in the achievement of maintainability and item downtime parameters, we have the right people, the right parts, and the right knowledge and expertise when you most need it.
As on the world’s leading providers of switchgear and power distribution equipment we leverage our significant in-house manufacturing capabilities to support our servicing engineers. We can quickly source and/or manufacture complex components within a finite timescale.
24 Hour Telephone Support
Our dedicated team of expert engineers are always on standby 24/7 for our contract customers. This service provides technical support over the phone, assisting in timely identification of system faults and their resolution. Where required the call is escalated to emergency response.
An unrivalled method of non-invasive predictive service for electrical, mechanical and engineering applications, thermal surveying is ideal for fault detection, load testing and temperature trending. Used onsite or during the factory build process, it helps avoid failures, downtime and business disruption. We have incorporated thermal imaging into our predictive maintenance for over a decade and currently process a staggering 200,000 images per year. Our specialist engineers are trained by our in-house experts who have amassed extensive subject specific experience.
All Anord Mardix switchboards feature Anord Mardix Thermagrid (secure thermal imaging ports) for live thermal imaging so our specialist servicing engineers can safely obtain the temperature for that particular device or section. Our engineers conduct a detailed thermal survey of all power connections and functional devices. Reports account for attenuation, emissivity, transmission loss, IR reflection, ambient temperature and load. All results are inspected and certified by our thermography analysts.
Avoid costly switchgear failure and stay one step ahead with spares and crash kits from Anord Mardix.
In the event of switchgear failure, it is critical that the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) is reduced as much as possible, minimising both the business disruption and the potential costs. Our experience in bespoke switchgear design allows us to identify the components that are critical to supporting your load to create a spares crash kit for you to hold on site. This ensures critical parts are immediately available to site engineers responding to an emergency situation.
- Spares / Crash Kits in focus
- Reduce MTTR
- Peace of mind
- Specialist component knowledge
- Support for all third party equipment
- Prepare for emergency situations
- 24/7/365 emergency assistance
- Reduce downtime
- Guaranteed timescales
Customers secure preferential manufacturing terms for replacement / extension equipment. In the event of a disaster, Anord Mardix can rproduce equipment or design critically required modifications from 3D and DTM files which we retain securely as a service to our customers. Our customers are safe in the knowledge that our engineers are fully supported by our 24hr manufacturing and component stock facilities.
Switchgear is warrantied 15 months from delivery or 12 months from commissioning – whichever is most recent. Should you wish to extend this coverage we can provide warranties for up to 5 additional years.
Customers who sign up for extended warranties benefit from the following
- 24 hour target response time
- All parts, consumables and labor included
- Technical support during normal working hours
- 4 Hour Response
- Live Non-Invasive Servicing
- Fully Isolated Servicing
- Anord Mardix iControl
- 24 Hour Technical Telephone Support
- Critical Spares
We offer comprehensive training packages either on-site or at our own facilities situated in the UK, all sessions are conducted by our senior engineers. Typically, a classroom session, for up to 8 people, is held for the first half of the day followed by hands-on operational experience within the installation.
We offer the following training;
- LV switchgear – Basics
- LV switchgear – Intermediate
- LV switchgear – Advanced
- Busway Tapoff Installation
- PMS/EMS System Training
Circuit Breaker Maintenance
To guarantee high levels of efficiency and reliability in your critical power installation we recommend regular servicing of your protective devices. As ABB and Schneider Electric integrators we can conduct all relevant field tests, measurements, maintenance, repair, and replacements or upgrades.
The primary benefits of identifying potential faults in this manner are to avoid costly downtime because of an emergency situation, and to extend the operational life of the circuit breakers.
Anord Mardix Critical Power Services can offer a fully comprehensive circuit breaker maintenance package either as a one-off (during black building tests / switchboard validations), or as part of a multi-year service plan. Should a fault be identified the breaker may be exchanged for a critical spare, repaired and returned to stock (see Critical Spares).
We can offer service packages for the following manufacturers:
- Mitsubishi Air Circuit Breaker
- (SACE) ABB Air Circuit Breaker
- Merlin Gerin / Schneider Air Circuit Breaker – NW (NW Type), NSX (NSX Type), NS (NS Type), M (M Type), Masterpact
- Terasaki Air Circuit Breaker, Tempower
- Dorman Smith Air Circuit Breaker
- GE Air Circuit Breaker, MPACT
- GEC / GEA Air Circuit Breaker
- Ottermill Air Circuit Breaker
- Holec Air Circuit Breaker
- MEM Air Circuit Breaker
- Cutler Hammer Air Circuit Breaker
- Moeller Air Circuit Breaker
- Sentinal Air Circuit Breaker
- Siemens Air Circuit Breaker
Common circuit breaker faults:
- will not open (turn off)
- will not close (turn on)
- will not charge / reset
- will not trip off as set or required / faulty trip
- will not stay closed when turned on
- erratic / nuisance tripping
A typical circuit breaker maintenance visit will consist of the following elements:
- Clean and lubricate mechanisms
- Apply contact grease on stubs and main contacts
- Check and set contact gaps as required
- Check manual, opening, closing & tripping operation
- Check auxiliary wiring
- Check continuity of shunts, closing coils
- Perform micro-ohm test over main contacts (Ductor)
- Insulation resistance test
- Test protection CT’s (Secondary Injection Testing) where applicable
Modern UPS systems include automatic battery testing systems but older systems either do not or the degree of testing is often found to be insufficient and unreliable.
Even the most modern systems still require bi-annual inspections as they cannot detect post corrosion, leakage or swelling which can be visually identified by expert engineers.
Anord Mardix Critical Power Services provide an all-inclusive on-site battery testing service. This service can be carried out against any brand of batteries. Furthermore, we can supply and/or install additional or replacement batteries.
All results are recorded at regular intervals, this data is collated in Anord Mardix iControl’s celltrend module throughout the life of the battery, which can assist in predicting the end-of-life, thus ensuring system reliability.
A typical battery testing service visit would include:
- Visual inspection (including battery terminals and connections and cabinets)
- Open circuit battery and UPS float charge readings taken (2dp)
- Individual cell post and interconnector corrosion inspection
- Thermal imaging including environmental checks
- Impedence testing (live or isolated where possible)
- Battery string isolation (where possible)
- Full clean (where possible)
Power Quality Surveys
Poor power quality can reduce equipment lifecycles, increase energy costs and ultimately lead to electrical system failure.
Through utilisation of premium data logging equipment our expert power quality analysts can identify areas for improvement, related opportunities for reducing operational expense and potential to improve protection against costly system failures.
All power quality report recommendations will quantify the benefits to your organisation, typically our report will examine the following areas of power quality;
- Supply efficiency
- Imbalanced phase voltages
- Harmonic distortion (full range)
Gain a complete understanding of any existing power system with validation services from Anord Mardix Critical Power Services.
Ideal for tenants moving into rented space or older installations looking to expand we can provide a full battery of fully intrusive tests and extensive reports, complete with recommendations and remedial costs (including replacement).
All testing carried out in accordance with BS7671 and BS6423:1983 typically including:
- Segregation & IP rating
- Insulation levels
- Cabling terminations and sizing
- Busbar details
- Production of general arrangement / electrical schematic drawings
- Survey all metering arrangements
- Test and detail all protective devices to enable full discrimination study
- Full project management
Retrofits and Extensions
Retrofit and onsite modifications from Anord Mardix Critical Power Services are conceived to reduce your operating costs and extend the life of your equipment.
Upgrades and modifications to improve operational performance on all legacy switchgear including 3rd party equipment, Using Schneider, ABB or Terasaki solutions.
Our teams of experienced site engineers and in-house design facilities make the process of onsite switchgear modifications and testing as simple as possible. Whether it is a simple wiring modification or a retrofit to improve performance and reduce costs, we will work with you to ensure modifications are completed with the minimum disruption.
- Extend the working life of existing switchgear
- Reduce the risk of failure
- Modernise legacy switchgear to ensure safety regulation compliance
Our EMS/PMS service contracts include scheduled site visits to provide:
- Communications network checks
- Meter operation checks
- iTherm thermal sensor operation checks
- Review of alarms being generated and adjustments to settings if appropriate
- Database backup and management
- Install of critical service packs or hot fixes
- Any minor system adjustments required
- Advice on use of system and potential upgrades
- Anord Mardix ims system support contracts
In addition to these onsite checks and fixes, our contracts include telephone technical support and preferential emergency call out response (4 hour, 8 hour or next business day) as standard. Where possible we can also provide a remote system connection.
Live Non-Invasive Servicing
Regular monitoring and verification checks form a critical part of any product lifecyle. Akin to an MOT our engineers will check for signs of degredation, which could result in future faults.
These services are offered in addition to our Expert Thermography, a typical live non-invasive service visit may include the following:
- Full visual inspection (where safely accesible)
- Check function of meters and record values
- Check function and status of electronic surge protection
- Check operation of lamps and indicators
- Check operation of fans and thermostats
- Verify control circuit fuse continuity
- Record LV transformer values where applicable
- Clean of safely accessible surfaces / compartments
- AHF / STS servicing where applicable (in bypass)
Fully Isolated Servicing
Whilst total isolations may not be conducive to continuous business critical operations our customers are fully supported in the planning and operational arrangements of any planned shutdown.
We recommend an isolated visit be conducted once for every 3-5 years of operation.
The typical isolated service visit may include the following items:
- Prior to shutdown, live visual inspection of lamps and meters with readings noted
- Verify torque tightness of all power connections and double marked as per Mardix standard
- Check tightness and mechanical operation of all switching devices
- Check tightness and condition of pan assembly connections
- Check tightness and condition of outgoing terminals
- Check operation of lamps, indicators, fans, thermostats, control circuit fuse continuity
- Check operation of doors and interlocks
- Clean of panels inside and out where safely accessible, removal of debris / particulates / residue and photograph for inclusion within the report
- Full torque testing and cleaning of HV transformer and enclosure
- Full torque testing and cleaning of LV transformer and enclosure
- Insulation and continuity testing of LV transformer
- ACB / MCCB testing and servicing
- Active Harmonic Filter (AHF) servicing
- Static Transfer Switch (STS) servicing
- Power Factor Correction (PFC) servicing