Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Electrical Design Engineer
Anord Mardix have a new opportunity for a Electrical Design Engineer. We are looking for excellent engineers, who are innovative, diligent, ambitious and have strong communication skills. The individual must be a strong team builder and a self-starter.
This role provides the opportunity for an Engineer to gain a wealth of experience in a wide range of electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines and beyond with structured mentoring from more experienced team members. The successful candidate will work across multiple disciplines to get a full overview of the life cycle of the product along with the commercial acumen to compliment the technical aspects of the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out project design, from initial concept through to detail design, including generation of Bills of Material and production drawings (AutoCAD Electrical)
- Generate production documentation as required to improve the production process (work instructions, etc)
- Plan and execute projects in a timely manner in line with the project plan, on time and within budget
- Maintain accurate & complete design records in line with our Document Control function
- Carry out R&D projects which will improve performance and/or cost competitiveness of product
- Contribute innovatively to the re-design of electrical components that reduce design and production costs
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers (mechanical engineering, production and Site Team)
- Participate in all aspects of “team” development and goal achievement “Engineering Excellence”
- Working as part of a multidiscipline team on both large and small projects
- Processing requisitions
- Help drive continuous improvement activities within Engineering & Production
- Adhering to the request for information (RFI) system throughout the design phase
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, Client and in-house project team
- Proactive risk identification, mitigation and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed in accordance with company policies
- Ensure that all works are performed as defined within Anord Mardix’s Quality Management System.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Third level degree in an Engineering, Construction or related technical discipline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Electrical Design role within a commercial environment
- CAD experience is essential
- AutoCAD Electrical / Promis-e V8i experience would be an advantage
- Previous exposure to or experience with electrical switchgear design would be advantageous
- Experience of generating production drawings
- Previous knowledge and experience of working with recognised project management tools
- Experience In dealing with multi-national and other key clients
- Experience of managing a team of technical experts, both in house and external service providers
- Proven commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
- Necessity to travel to deployment locations
- Practical approach to work
For more than a century, the Anord and Mardix names have stood for innovation, reliability and safety in the critical power industry, and that is more prominent now since the formation of Anord Mardix. Together we are the global leader in critical power distribution and protection and have operations in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Our 9 world-class manufacturing facilities comprise over 450,000sq/ft of production space with rapid expansion options and total quality control throughout. We produce the most comprehensive product range in the market including industry leading LV and HV switchgear, custom built modular solutions, flexible data hall distribution and our technically superior busbar and busway range. All our products are integrated with Anord Mardix power management systems and we offer a unique service capability.
We are a vendor of choice to the global data centre and cloud computing industries. Our ability to customise and produce on a large scale delivers the most reliable end-to-end power systems to all our customers, from independent providers to hyper-scale leaders.
Apply using the “Apply Now” button below or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.