Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
An exciting position has arisen within our Supply Chain Department and we are seeking to recruit a Customs Administrator, based at our Kendal office.
The Customs Administrator will be responsible for providing efficient administrative and clerical support to the import and export activities and customs processes for all Anord Mardix (UK) sites. The role requires close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders (Finance, Logistics, Projects and Sales) and external parties including Clients, Customs Agents and Freight Forwarders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Producing and checking essential shipping documentation including customs paperwork and commercial invoices.
- Utilising Custom Agent’s software for creation and submission of customs documentation.
- External Liaison with customers and overseas Customs agents for export duty and customs clearing for all overseas shipments.
- Internal Liaison with Project Mangers to ensure accurate and timely submission of paperwork.
- Updating and maintaining accurate records for HMRC Audit purposes.
- Assisting with transport arrangements by sea, air, and road.
- Preparing weekly/monthly logistic reports.
- Keeping up to date with all changes in Customs processes and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to use Excel at Intermediate level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to act both as a Team player and independently across multiple activities.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- High level of speed and accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient at organising and maintaining electronic documentation.
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, benefits package, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.