Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
IT Support Specialist
Are you looking to gain valuable work experience in the IT field? Anord Mardix is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for overall support in a manufacturing and engineering environment. You will assist the IT Department Manager and support user and enterprise-based computer systems. The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of hardware and network systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Performs technical tasks such as installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing of computer hardware, software, wireless, network printers, related peripherals, mobile devices, video conference equipment, etc.
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment supporting roles from Employees to Executives while delivering exceptional service
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Assist with project implementation across business units
• Assist in computer, monitor, telephone and other desktop equipment moves as needed
• Procure and/or install requested hardware and software in a timely basis and ensue new hires, transfers, etc., are provisioned with necessary equipment
• Have an understanding and be able to manage software licensing
• Provide support to both internal and external team members
• Maintain a secure and safe environment by ensuring all security patches and new anti-virus definition files are deployed to all workstations.
• Must be able to respond to security threats in the environment and assist with any remediation
• Performs various audits including, deletion of terminated user’s equipment, inventory, etc.
• Prepare necessary equipment and files for company meetings running preliminary tests prior to the event to ensure that everything is in working condition
• Keep asset inventory management system up to date
• Ensure computer room and work area are clean and orderly
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems including Server, Linux operating systems, MacOS, and both PC and Mac hardware
• Works well independently and able problem solve and troubleshoot issues logically
• Ability to handle multiple projects and user requests spanning numerous sites across several countries
• Familiarity with standard technical support and network concepts, practices, and procedures
• Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude required
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar field
• 1 to 2 years of hands-on technical knowledge of laptop, desktop, network hardware and software installation required
To apply please send your CV to Scott Edwards, HR Manager, email@example.com