Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
IT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports to: Group IT Manager
Location: Castle Mills, Kendal
The Anord Mardix Group is recruiting for an IT Support Technician. You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills and a desire to find the right technical solution.
The environment is primarily Microsoft Windows; Windows 10, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Office 365 and General Windows Desktop Software’s.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be providing hands on support across numerous offices with technical tasks ranging from full pc installations, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of computer hardware, software, wireless, network printers, related peripherals, mobile devices, videoconference equipment, etc
- You will be involved in IT desk and office moves as needed.
- You will complete a daily schedule to ensure the enterprise systems are not only working as required but remain a secure and safe environment;
- Asset management
- Anti Virus
- Critical patches
- You will also be required to deal with server based changes /issues when needed.
- You will maintain in depth and comprehensible support documentation.
- You will have an understanding and be able to manage software licensing.
- You will be able to respond to security threats in the environment and assist with any remediation.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent communication and people skills across the spectrum of remote staff, on site staff to Board Executives.
- Ability to work effectively, demonstrating strong diagnostic and problem solving skills within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to manage your time effectively while coping with many different projects at the same time.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems including an understanding of Windows server 2008 and above.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP to assist in resolving network related issues.
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up and domain configuration.
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of backup systems
- Knowledge of Hyper V environments
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as out of hours work will be required for major platform changes/ updates.
- A full, clean driving licence as commuting between sites is required.
- Formal IT qualification
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role.
For more than a century, the Anord and Mardix names have stood for innovation, reliability and safety in the critical power industry, and that is even truer now that we have formed Anord Mardix. Together we are the global leader in critical power distribution and protection and have operations in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Our 9 world-class manufacturing facilities comprise over 650,000sq/ft of production space with rapid expansion options and total quality control throughout. We produce the most comprehensive product range in the market including industry leading LV and HV switchgear, custom built modular solutions, flexible data hall distribution and our technically superior busbar and busway range. All our products are integrated with Anord Mardix power management systems and we offer a unique service capability.
We are the vendor of choice to the global data centre and cloud computing industries. Our ability to customise and produce on a large scale delivers the most reliable end-to-end power systems to all our customers, from independent providers to hyper-scale leaders.
For more information or to apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply now