Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Mechanical Design Engineer
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
Due to continued business growth a Mechanical Design Engineer role has become available, based within our Design Team at our Dundalk office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating 3D mechanical designs of switchboards & associated products ready for production / fabrication purposes
- Ensuring drawings issued to the shop floor are controlled, accurate and easy to follow
- Providing assistance to Production/Test to resolve problems with new & existing product designs
- Assisting with Shop Floor operations, Site operations and Client Witness Testing as required
- Reporting directly to the Mechanical Design Manager
- Liaising with Project Managers and the Mechanical Design Manager on the development of the library of standard drawings
- Travelling to client sites on occasion to carry out surveys
- Experience in mechanical design
- Ability to read schematics
- Familiar with the use of 3D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and work as part of a team or independently as required
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the day to day use of Microsoft based operating systems and the Office suite (Outlook / Word / Excel)
- Previous experience of mechanical design of electrical equipment such as power distribution, packaged substations or switchgear would be considered advantageous.
- Previous experience of designing sheet metal products would be considered beneficial
- Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Rachel Hughes, HR Manager at email@example.com.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.