Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Mechanical Design Engineer
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our design team, based in Kendal Cumbria.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating 3D mechanical designs of switchboards & associated products ready for production / fabrication purposes
- Ensuring drawings issued to the shop floor are controlled, accurate and easy to follow
- Providing assistance to Production/Test to resolve problems with new & existing product designs
- Assisting with Shop Floor operations, Site operations and Client Witness Testing as required
- Reporting directly to the Mechanical Design Manager
- Liaising with Project Managers and the Mechanical Design Manager on the development of the library of standard drawings
- Travelling to client sites on occasion to carry out surveys
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
- Experience in mechanical design
- Ability to read schematics
- Familiar with the use of 3D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and work as part of a team or independently as required
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the day to day use of Microsoft based operating systems and the Office suite (Outlook / Word / Excel)
- Previous experience of mechanical design of electrical equipment such as power distribution, packaged substations or switchgear would be considered advantageous.
- Previous experience of designing sheet metal products would be considered beneficial
- Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.
Apply using the “Apply Now” button below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org