Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Engineer to work within our Modular/Pod Projects Team. This is a busy, rewarding environment and a great opportunity to develop your career within Anord Mardix based at Blackburn. Travel to site will also be required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior Project Manager
- Delivering Projects on site to specification, on time, on schedule, in line with the Company standards of Quality and Safety and to budget to maximize the profits of the Company
- Working as part of the Modular/Pod Projects Team in terms of ownership, managing & reporting the site aspects of the project
- Working with internal design and technical teams, liaising with and supervising sub-contractors in delivering the project to schedule, ensuring all health and safety measures are met for successful completion of all projects
- Liaising with other departments and/or administrative teams, demonstrating interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Identifying necessary resources and assigning individual responsibilities where appropriate
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with the client, colleagues, sub-contractors and any other associated third party
- Manage multiple tasks and re-prioritise work in response to urgent requests
- Consolidating information for project meetings and distributing information to nominated persons
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects on sites (internal and external)
- Effectively applying the Company’s methodology and enforcing project standards
- Implementing and managing project changes and interventions to required timescales & cost restrictions
- Ensuring effective, timely & appropriate solutions are developed, communicated & implemented to fulfil the business requirement
- Ensuring that project activities are coordinated with related projects & functional activities, so delays are avoided
- Minimising exposure and risk throughout the project
- Attending site meetings where required
- To oversee any Anord Mardix projects that are required on site
- Out of hours work required in special circumstances.
- Ensure company Health & safety procedures are carried out on site at all times
- Ensure company profits are maximized at all times whilst client satisfaction is achieved
- Enthusiastic and conscientious with a high level of attention to detail
- Pro-active approach, making the client aware of responsibilities and planning of Service and Maintenance requirements
- Electrical Engineering qualification preferred, with proven knowledge and experience in Power Distribution (MV/LV Switchgear, UPS, Generators, Cooling Systems etc).
- Work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility
- Good communication skills are essential as the position involves providing direction for other employees/contractors on site.
They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment, demonstrate flexibility and have an understanding of basic electrical principles; in return for which a competitive salary will be offered.
Apply using the “Apply Now” button below or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.