Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Quality Assurance Engineer
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
Due to continued expansion we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer – BAR Products to join our SHEQ department in Kendal.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement quality control checks in order to build quality into the product.
• Monitor the production process, identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement projects.
• Identify problem areas and bottlenecks in the process and develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives to resolve.
• Set up a metrics system to measure operational performance. Use the measurement to improve quality.
• Facilitating & driving the Continuous Improvement methodology to achieve sustainable results.
• Supporting the development and execution of the overall Continuous Improvement annual plan such as timing, budget, communication plan.
• Delivering the use of standard forms, reports, templates, tools, improvement routes etc.
• Liaising with Training Officers to development Continuous Improvement training plans.
• Reporting metrics on a monthly.
Supplier Performance Management:
• Work in close co-operation with suppliers to ensure that supplied components conform to specifications and are fit for purpose.
• Utilise KPIs to measure, analyse and improve the performance of suppliers.
• Perform Supplier Audits based on organisational criteria.
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
• Implement corrective and preventative actions.
• Key relationships are with colleagues (local & remote) in Production, Production Engineering, Materials /Logistics, Sourcing, Supplier Development, and R&D/Warranty.
• Ability to work in a team based, high paced and multi-task environment with excellent interpersonal, verbal written communication skills.
• Ability and experience to lead, motivate and influence key stakeholders throughout the organisation.
• Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, taking responsibility for own actions with a strong desire to excel.
• Proven knowledge and ability of process and systems to improve quality, reduce cost and increase profitability and customer value.
• Results and detail oriented with strong organisational and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
Position Requirements and experience:
• 5 years’ experience in quality assurance and manufacturing/process engineering in a manufacturing environment with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Experience of quality assurance with suppliers – APQP/PPAP or similar.
• Experience of root cause analysis and problem-solving methodology such as 8D or similar.
• Have a strong commercial acumen with proven Continuous Improvement and Project Management experience.
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Jessica Nisbet, HR Manager at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.