Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
We have an exciting and quite rare role that has arisen in our R&D team. The role will have the following responsibilities;
- Assisting in the design and development of new and existing low voltage products and associated production systems
- Project management and organisation of available business resources
- Manage and assist with all necessary product testing and verification in accordance with relevant national and global product standards.
- Produce technical documents to support product specification, production systems design, quality processes, product operation/installation and recommended maintenance procedures
- Collaborating with sales and marketing to develop product specifications and provide visual and technical content
- Utilise 3D CAD and other tools to turn ideas into physical components and assemblies ready for prototype testing, production and manufacture
- Generating detailed engineering, production and assembly drawing packs for in-house or external manufacture and assembly
- Liaison with external suppliers to identify optimum materials and manufacturing technologies to support cost effective and reliable product solutions
- Work on multiple projects efficiently, delivering to tight deadlines and keeping to budgets
- Resolving product issues
- Develop and maintain research & development department systems and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reporting and presenting to R&D management and stakeholders
Experience & Background
- Experience in design of LV electrical equipment such as power distribution, busbar trunking systems, or switchgear would be considered advantageous
- Experience in an engineering and/or design discipline, with a working knowledge of GDT
- Knowledge of IEC61439-1, 2, 6 & UL857, UL1558, UL891 standards is advantageous
- Proven ability to read and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings
- Practical hands on approach demonstrating sound technical and problem-solving ability
- Keen analytical and observational skills with reliable attention to detail
- Candidates must be IT competent and be proficient in 3D CAD software, Autodesk Inventor & Vault preferred
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping & rapid manufacturing technologies & processes
- Must be motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to interact seamlessly with other departments and be comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
- Display advanced numeracy and literacy skills with the ability to effectively and accurately communicate ideas both visually and verbally
- Experience of designing for various manufacturing technologies such as sheet metal production, injection moulding, compression moulding, milling, casting and aluminium extrusion would be beneficial
- Working knowledge & understanding of DFMA, FMEA and quality systems would be an advantage
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Danielle Walker, Head of HR at email@example.com or click apply now
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.