Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Site Service Engineer
For more than a century, the Anord and Mardix names have stood for innovation, reliability and safety in the critical power industry, and that is more prominent now since the formation of Anord Mardix. Together we are the global leader in critical power distribution and protection and have operations in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Our 9 world-class manufacturing facilities comprise over 450,000sq/ft of production space with rapid expansion options and total quality control throughout. We produce the most comprehensive product range in the market including industry leading LV and HV switchgear, custom built modular solutions, flexible data hall distribution and our technically superior busbar and busway range. All our products are integrated with Anord Mardix power management systems and we offer a unique service capability.
We are a vendor of choice to the global data centre and cloud computing industries. Our ability to customise and produce on a large scale delivers the most reliable end-to-end power systems to all our customers, from independent providers to hyper-scale leaders.
Anord Mardix have a new opportunity for a Site Service Engineer. We are looking for excellent site engineers, who are innovative, diligent, ambitious and have strong communication skills. The individual must be a strong team builder and a self-starter.
This role provides the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience in a wide range of electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines and beyond with structured mentoring from more experienced team members.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy environment and demonstrate flexibility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- All aspects involved in the maintenance/installation works undertaken by the company including the managing/overseeing of equipment despatched to site.
- To complete the necessary completion certificates for handover to client and carry out witness testing and associated documentation as required.
- To monitor the works and provide reports as necessary as to project status.
- To efficiently and effectively direct other employees/contractors engaged in works on behalf of the company.
- Without compromising quality, health, safety or the environment efficiently manage projects to maximise the profits of the company.
- To report directly to the designated contracts manager
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company
- Interconnection/Testing/Commissioning of LV Switchgear
- Promote the broad ownership of risk management;
- Control hazards to health to prevent work related ill health;
- Keep pace with change to identify and tackle new risk management challenges;
- Target ‘zero harm’ to ultimately eliminate defects, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and pollution;
- At all times and in all respects conforming to and complying with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company.
- Be aware of the quality, health, safety and environmental (QHSE) matters related to the works in hand;
- Ensure method statements are understood, acknowledged and followed;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of other people who may be affected by the works in hand;
- Ensure PPE is used correctly and is in good condition;
- Ensure work equipment is used correctly and is in good working order;
- Ensure work at height is carried out correctly and safely;
- Implement fire prevention measures with respect to work methods and housekeeping;
- Ensure emergency response and means of escape arrangements are maintained;
- Report near misses and accidents to the Site Service Manager;
Knowledge and Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in a similar role, must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility.
- Preferably an electrician, with proven knowledge and experience in LV Switchgear but not a necessity as full internal training will be provided.
- Valid Manual Handling Awareness Certificate
- Current and relevant Solas Card
Anord Mardix offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email your CV and cover letter to Rachel Hughes, HR Manager at email@example.com.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.