Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Are you an accountant looking to grow your experience on a small finance team? Do you have a passion for people, an eye for detail, and the ability to build relationships? If so, Anord Mardix may have a job for you.
We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our team in Henrico, Virginia. The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing general financial support, to include maintaining financial reports, managing accounts payables and receivables, and related functions for all US Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and perform work practices that are safe and in a clean work environment.
- Adhere to company policies and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Experience in a production or manufacturing setting is preferred. CPA is preferred.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft products, Outlook, and related programs.
- Ability to maintain a tactful, orderly working relationship with others.
- Ability to read and write English with excellent communication skills and follow verbal instructions.
$45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Preferred)
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Expense reports
- Internal audits for policy adherence
- Record keeping
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Data entry
Apply using the “Apply Now” button below.