Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix are a global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies.
Due to continued expansion we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our Test Team in Kendal, Cumbria. The role encompasses performing quality assurance checks on switchgear products as they advance the production line, providing the opportunity to work with the latest technological advances in circuit breakers offered by Schneider Electric and ABB to name a few and other critical control and monitoring components.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work with enthusiasm as part of a growing team. Candidates must work efficiently and show attention to detail whilst working to deadlines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the role include:
- Testing all aspects of switchgear in accordance with general arrangement and schematic drawings. This includes snagging, dead testing and live function testing following predefined procedures.
- Working in a pair, demonstrating switchgear to clients during factory acceptance testing.
- Attending site to commission switchgear and perform maintenance visits.
- Pragmatically diagnose faults and rectify where necessary
- Communicate effectively to company colleagues and clients alike both verbally and in written form
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with the proper and reasonable directions and regulations of the company
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- Electrical engineering background
- Working knowledge of Power Switchgear and Controlgear assemblies would be advantageous.
- Excellent personnel management and communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work and staff engagement.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft office.
- Proficient in the understanding of electrical engineering drawings.
- Operate with a high level of attention to detail.
- An appreciation of risk associated with electrical engineering tasks.
- Full UK driving license
Anord Mardix offer competitive rates of pay with higher rate overtime being available during busy periods. We also offer excellent benefits, company pension scheme and the opportunity to develop your career and progress within the company.
A blend of in-house and external training will be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply, please complete our online application form or email CV and cover letter to Jessica Nisbet, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, all interviews are currently being conducted via video conferencing facilities.
As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and we have implemented various measures of social distancing within our factories to ensure our employees are kept safe and well during these unprecedented times. We are constantly reviewing and adhering to all government and medical advice.