Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Do you have a background working with 3-Phase Power and power generation and distribution Equipment? Do you have a two-year technical degree in electronics, electrical, or related field or military equivalent? Are you a problem solver that has an eye for detail?
If so, we may have a role for you. Anord Mardix is looking for a Electrical Test Technician to join our team in Richmond, Virginia. This position is responsible for testing power distribution equipment, ensuring quality workmanship and reliability while creating a safe workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test performance of power distribution equipment and assemblies, using multimeters, current meters, oscilloscopes, HI‐POT, Phase Rotation Meter, and other testing equipment.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly, ensuring conformance to product specifications.
- Read inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, and certification processes to ensure proper test procedures are followed.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Preparation of technical reports and test sheets.
- Make necessary repairs and/or refer test issues to respective departments for further repair.
- Collaborate with other departments or sections to ensure company product specifications are being followed or to assist with other manufacturing needs.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department leaders.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- High School Education or GED with 2 to 4 years practical work experience testing low and medium voltage distribution systems or two‐year technical degree in electronics, engineering, or related field or military experience and training in electronics, electricity, engineering, or related field are required. L/V and M/V Switchgear, Power Distribution Units, and Remote Power Panels preferred. Data Center and/or equivalent mission critical systems experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety & electrical codes, such as NFPA 70E, NEC Code, UL, IEC, and related standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3‐Phase Power, Electrical Power Generation and AC/DC power distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting to the circuit board or component level.
- Ability to use hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to read schematics and drawings.
- Ability to maintain a tactful, orderly working relationship with others.
- Ability to read and write English with excellent communication skills, follow verbal instructions, and use mathematics.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and travel as needed.
Please click here to apply.