Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Field Service Engineer
VA – CA – GA – UT
Do you have formal training in power distribution, electrical engineering, or a similar field? Are you a adept at problem solving with the ability to work independently? Are you looking for a role where you can travel up to 90% of the time to client sites to install and support power distribution equipment? If so, then we may have the job for you. Anord Mardix (USA), Inc. is looking for a Field Service Technician to provide field service and support at customer sites located throughout their assigned territory. This position will work remotely in the Western United States, supporting clients.
U.S. Military Electrical Technicians, Electrical Engineers, Power Distribution Specialist, and similar roles are a good match. Electricians and similar civilian roles are also a good match.
PREFERRED LOCATIONS – Northern Virginia, Northern California, Atlanta, or Salt Lake City
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide installation supervision, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and repair work for low-voltage distribution gear, transformers, and related power distribution equipment in a professional manner.
- Prepares technical reports/test sheets, monitoring of spare parts, tools/equipment, consumables, etc.
- Maintain and follow safety regulations for the company and the specific sites where working.
- Attends appropriate site meetings.
- Interfaces with Project Management and Site personnel.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, listening to and addressing their needs and/or escalating their needs through our organization for resolution.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Project Managers, receiving and relaying information.
- Able to be on call after normal working hours.
- Able to respond and arrive to emergency calls in 2 hours.
- Able to work required overtime when required.
- Able to work weekends when required.
- Able to work in Factory Testing when required
Qualifications and Skills
Education to the Associates level in electrical power distribution or related field and/or 5+ years of similar work experience in a related field. Military experience is preferred. Data Center or equivalent mission critical system experience preferred.
Applicants must have a background and thorough knowledge of:
- Working with electrical power distribution systems, power monitoring systems, AC/DC electrical power, and the use of communication protocols. Three to five years’ experience in the design of low voltage switchgear assemblies/systems and/or power distribution equipment is preferred.
- UL standards, such as UL 67 Panelboards, UL 1008 Transfer Switch Equipment, UL 10008S Static Transfer Switches, UL 60950 Information Technology Equipment, UL 891 Switchboards, UL 1558 Metal-Enclosed Low-Voltage Power Circuit Breaker Switchgear as applicable, as well as other pertinent standards.
- Reading & understanding electrical schematics,
- Testing equipment, to include multi-meter, current meter, etc.
- Control power troubleshooting to the circuit board or component level, and Switchgear, power distribution units, and/or remote power panel experience.The position requires 80 to 90% travel to customer sites.
Anord Mardix provides comprehensive benefits to include health insurance, paid time off, 401k, and other related benefits.
Please click here to apply.