Grow Your Career at Anord Mardix
Be Part of an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Power Distribution and Protection Solutions
Anord Mardix have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Author based at our Kendal, Castle Mills office.
Working within the technical authoring team, the successful candidate will liaise with project managers and critical power services managers plus current members of the team. This is a varied role that presents exciting challenges at times.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Write Method Statements and assign appropriate Risk Assessments for LV Switchgear tasks including:
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Site dead testing (Inspection / Mechanical / Insulation / Ductor / Circuit Breakers)
- Site commissioning (Live Systems Check)
- Site modifications
- Site live service works
- Completion of general test authoring duties listed below:
- Creating test documentation in an electronic format, meticulously working to the latest panel drawings
- Generating Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) documentation
- Generating Operation & Maintenance manuals to include:
- Operation procedures
- Maintenance procedures
- Parts lists
- Compilation in PDF & paper format
The successful candidate will need to:
- possess good English skills, including writing, grammar and vocabulary
- be an excellent communicator
- integrate well into a team
- be flexible and proactive
- be capable of working under pressure and use their initiative to make the right decisions
- be computer literate, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
- be self-motivated and possess the ability to manage priorities, working accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment
- be conscientious with a high level of attention to detail.
- Previous experience of method statement authoring desirable.
- Proficient in the understanding of electrical engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of LV Switchgear would be advantageous.